Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Amaryllis, Up Close

Amaryllis


One of the flowers I always try to take pictures of whenever I am at the weekend market of Lung Center of the Philippines was the amaryllis. I just love its red color and how big the flower is! I arrived late that time, and most of the amaryllis were already gone, but I was able to see this one, and almost immediately, I lowered myself to take a picture of it.

I used to have an amaryllis plant in our garden, but after I lost its leaves due to rains, the bulb never sprung again. :(

*** Jenn ***

7 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's a great shot Jenn.

My Ruby Tuesday

rebecca said...

great close up!

Ma.links said...

Wow, really pretty.

Hootin Anni said...

I posted a photo similar to this one a few weeks back for Macro Monday...but mine was pink....this one takes my breath away. Such a deep rich red.

My R T is "lady in red"...a portrait of my daughter. Come by and view her if you can find time, I'd love your visit!!

reg said...

what a beautiful pic of that amazing flower, thanx for sharing , I can see why you like taking pictures of it

JunieRose2005 said...

It's a beauty, for sure!


Junie

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

amaryllis
garden showoff
sensual

Red Door to Wonder