Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Story Edition

Happy Tuesday, all! Today I realized there are so many wonderful photography challenges, and I am now listing all the memes/challenges I wanted to join, so I guess from here on out, I will be much active in posting here.

For this week's "Texture Tuesdays," the prompt revolves around "Story" and here's my choice of image to share:

Grassy - SOOC

I took this image this morning while doing my morning walk / jog. The grasses were quite far from where I was at, and zooming in, I was in awe at how my p&s camera was able to highlight grasses on the foreground while keeping anything else in soft focus. As I took more and more images, a jogger stopped and I thought his image somehow added drama to the overall image.

Walkers / joggers around Colinas Verdes have their own story to tell. Some would like to train for the marathon, others want to build resistance, others want to lose weight in preparation for something, some just go there to be with friends and stay away from home and chores. I don't know what's this man's story, but as long as all of us are doing something for our wellness, I guess that's what mattered the most.

Grassy - Texturized

I came up with a simple edit this week.
  • Ran the Vintage script with 50% vignette,
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Confidence" texture set to Soft Light at 100%,
  • Ran the Unsharp Mask
  • Added name stamp, flattened, and saved the image.

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama Scattered Horizons Live, Love, Travel