Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Simplicity Edition

I hoped to join Ashley and Branson's "Tutorial Tuesday" challenge last week, but I wasn't the handyman type that time so I wasn't able to join the Lightbox Tutorial. This week, since they featured a tutorial that can be done in Photoshop, I decided to join - it would great to use my PS-CS5 since I don't really get to use it as I am very much into GIMP.

SOOC

This is my SOOC image - taken just this morning during my morning walk.

Edit - Painting

Following the steps to the tutorial gave me this result.

Edit - with Texture

This image I'll link up to Kim's "Texture Tuesday," using two layers of the Simplicity texture - one set to normal at 50%, the other set to multiply at 60%. I also used the Ancient Warmth action, before adding my watermark.

Side by side images:

SOOC Edit - Painting Edit - with Texture
SOOC | Watercolor Edit | With Texture

I didn't have much choices of images to use for this post - colors of the images were washed out because the sun was shining so bright. If I get to see some colorful subjects (like the one used at the original tutorial), I will sure try this again.



ps - Big thanks to Emily of Scattered Horizons Photoblog for choosing my image from last week as one of the top 3 images for "Tones on Tuesday."

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama Scattered Horizons Live, Love, Travel Tutorial  Tuesday