Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A - Ant



Ant

Round 6 of ABC Wednesday, yey! For this round, I decided to post images of animals.

A is for ant. I am a person who really dislike ants, but ever since I started taking pictures of ants, I have grown to love them. Like what I've said in old posts, we have this hibiscus plant in our garden that serves as a home to lots of ants, and whenever I wanted to take pictures of anything, I would always go to our garden and take pictures of the ants.

The day I took this, I noticed a fold in the leaf that seemed to house a lot of ants' eggs. I aimed my lens on the opening of the leaf and spotted this ant biting an egg. The ants move fast, so taking this shot made me feel really good.

*** Jenn ***

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot.

Reading what you've said in your side column - you're right. There are people with expensive cameras and equipment who still only take so-so photos and then there are those with far simpler cameras who produce little gems. Looks like you're one of the latter. :)

Kate said...

An awesome shot. Great detail and perfect for today.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome shot of the ant! Ants are amazing critters if you watch them awhile. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Sherrie's Stuff

Kim, USA said...

Lovely shot! Remember ants are great workers they work and work day and night (they don't sleep?) ^_^ Happy wednesday!

ABC Wednesday:Autograph

Sylvia K said...

That is an awesome shot, Jenn! When I look at photos of ants like this and I love them, too! Enjoy!

Sylvia

kml said...

You captured him perfectly! Looking forward to the rest of your alphabet animals!

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific shot! Awesome A!

Roger Owen Green said...

the shot is AMAZING, AWESOME. I like ants, unless they're in the house.

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, which I just joined, thank you!

Monika said...

awesome shot

Jay said...

That's a super shot - I love insect photography, and you caught the moment perfectly! Well done!