Wednesday, August 18, 2010

E - Everlasting




For letter E, I am sharing a picture of everlasting, which is also called Paper Daisy or Straw Flower. Here in the Philippines, it is called everlasting because even if the flower has already wilted, it still looks the same... well, the old ones were slightly brownish in color. Because of its very long life, this flower is often used as offering to religious statuettes.

This flower is also the symbol of Baguio City, where I took this picture March 2009.

*** Jenn ***

7 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

An interesting tradition, and a pretty flower.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Misfit in Paradise said...

I love it when I can learn something on the ABC posts.
Thanks for participating.

Donna - ABC Wednesday

Unknown said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Jenn! What a great flower. I wish the flowers I bought for my kitchen table would be everlasting. They die so quickly!

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Lovely picture and custom. Hi, I'm new in town. My E is in a 50 word story called The Prince of Darkness is a gentleman

Cheryl said...

I like the name everlasting better than what we've always used: straw flowers. They are so beautiful with all colors of the rainbow. Very nice E.

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful photo - fascinating flower - everlasting is a good word, I think!

Halie said...

Hi Jenn. It's so nice to be back to blogging.

And I love, love, love the flower sis. Take care. Miss yah much.

If you have time, do drop by this newest addition to my evergrowing blog:

http://halie-lifethewayiseeit.blogspot.com/