Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Number 2 Edition


* please mouse over to see the SOOC shot *

Kim said be creative with the number 2, so instead of sharing a picture with two objects or subjects, I decided to go for this - a picture of my sister flashing the "peace" sign... or could also be showing "Number 2." I took this Christmas midnight last year, while testing my camera's settings for our annual Christmas family photo shoot.

Steps I did to come up with this edit:
  • Scaled image to 640x480.
  • Converted the image to Black and White, using the Black and White Film script, selecting the "Kodak Tmax 100."
  • Ran the "Simple Duotone" script.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Shades of November" texture, set to Screen at 35%.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Word" texture, set to Soft Light at 75%.
  • Ran the National Geographic script, set to my own preference.
  • Ran the Manny Librodo Sharpening script, set to default.
  • Added watermark, flattened, then saved image.

Yes, the image looked old, which was why when I showed this to sister, I told her I'm going to keep this picture and show it to her grandchildren in the future. Hahahaha. A combination of old and the new, why not?