Saturday, May 29, 2010

In Memoriam

In Memoriam

photo hunt

For this week's photo hunt, I am sharing this image taken at Fort Santiago in Manila. Aside from being a defense fortress in the Spanish regime, the fort was also used as prison for people.

Inscribed in the tablet, "This cross marks the final resting place of approximately 600 Filipino and Americans who were victims of atrocities during the last days of February 1945. The appearance of their bodies suggested starvation and possible suffocation. They were found inside a nearby dungeon which had inner doors of massive iron bars and outer doors of iron plate on wood."

My heart goes out to all those victims of wars. In order to achieve peace, people had to fight it off, but I hope in time we all would achieve the "world peace" that we wanted.

*** Jenn ***

2 comments:

Mariposa said...

Great take on the theme. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

I'm a bit late, but here is my entry -

Mariposa's PhotoHunt

bonggamom said...

Have a great weekend!

My photohunt post is up