Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Texture Tuesdays | "Anything Goes Edition"

Last week, I shared two separate pictures (on two separate posts) of a millipede and a couple of snails. For this week on Texture Tuesdays, I am going to share a picture that features both critters.

Ground Critters

Last Sunday, with rains stopping for a while, I went to check my ampalaya in the garden as I wasn't able to check on it the last three days. I was so overwhelmed to see so many snails in the garden - it was like a party! Some of our plants' leaves already have these holes, so I went to gather as much snails as I could to put a stop on the feeding frenzy!

They were surely getting on my nerves, but they are also a good subject for photography, so after taking out a batch of snails, I went to get my camera and hunted more snails. In one part of the garden, there was this big flat rock and when I lifted it, I saw these critters relaxing. :)

After a few minutes of editing the picture, I came up with this result:

Ground Critters Texturized

Steps I made:
  • Rotated the image 15 degrees to the right, then scaled image to 850px on the longer end then made a rectangle crop at 640x480.
  • Ran the Mute Colors script, set to Desaturated Overlay.
  • Added a layer of KK Canvasback texture, set to overlay at 100%.
  • Added a layer of KK Summer Lovin' texture, set to screen at 60%.
  • Ran the Purple Hue action.
  • Ran the burn tool set to shadow at 50%.
  • Added my name stamp, flattened the image, then clicked save.

Hope you liked the edit!