Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Baguio Pictures From My Latest Trip

I am used to travel at night, but during my last two (or three) travels up north, I tend to be so sleepy and tired... that even if I slept on the bus most of the time, I still felt sluggish and out of focus when I get home. I wasn't able to update my blogs while I was away, so in my efforts to update this blog, let me share these pictures, taking cue from Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday prompts.

Red | Strawberries

Red
Second day in Baguio City with the family, we decided to welcome a new day by visiting the Strawberry Fields at La Trinidad, Benguet. I was thankful having to meet a nice taxi driver, who took a different route going to the area as the main highway was very busy. We didn't pick any strawberries, but the farmers and vendors were also kind enough to let us take pictures to our heart's content.

Orange | Marigold

Orange
This picture marks the "premiere" of my newest soldier, FiFi... my new smartphone. After eating lunch at the 50s Diner, my camera's battery drained, so I was left with no choice but to use my phone to capture images from our next destination. I still have to train myself using this phone as a camera (and I have to buy a memory card should I want to capture more images), but this one turned out good - giving me more reasons why I loved choosing this cheap affordable smartphone.

Yellow | Rose

Yellow
This I took at the Mines View Park, which is also a good place to shop for souvenirs. Among the many things for sale are different kinds of plants, and since we didn't plan to buy one, I just took the pleasure of taking flower pictures.

Green | Lettuce Fields

Green
A shot from the taxi's window (taxis in Baguio and nearby towns don't use air conditioning system as the weather is fairly cool) on our way to Tam-Awan Village. Aside from the strawberries, farmers here also plant different vegetables - lettuce, cabbages, leeks, and broccoli among others. This is a shot of the lettuce fields. Looks like these are bound to be harvested real soon.

Blue | Chandelier

Blue
Interestingly, I wasn't able to photograph "blue" pictures... so stretching this prompt a bit by sharing the blue-lighted chandelier I photographed at the lobby of Eurotel Baguio, our first choice of hotel to stay at. We arrived in Baguio around 9:30 am and Eurotel won't allow us to check in until 1pm, so we decided to leave and find a different hotel.

Hope you are all having a great week so far... happy hump day!