Monday, October 25, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Week 3

Week three... just like last week, my interpretations were a mix of new and old images, because some were something I wasn't able to take.

Senses

#01 - 5 Senses
25 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

Something I took this morning; I was supposed to take this last night, but my sister always get home late at night, and always too tired to pose for pictures. Actually, this was a very impromptu shot - I just asked her to pose real quick for this one. This was slightly different to my first thoughts, but I couldn't find a good angle, so I just clicked the shutter. :) When I read about this theme, I immediately thought of taking a head shot, with hands and with tongue sticking out, representing the 5 senses - eyes (sight), nose (smell), ears (hearing), hands (touch), and tongue (taste).

Mika

#02 - Child/Children
23 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

I was blessed to be invited by my mom to go to Zoobic Safari with some of her office mates. It was a great experience, but I wasn't able to fully enjoy it (picture wise) because rains poured every now and then. Anyway, this picture I took while inside the van; the child was the granddaughter of mom's office mate (the one holding the child). She was so cute, and it was a good timing to have taken a picture of her drooling. :)

Tong Yang

#03 - Dining
Tong Yang Shabu-Shabu & Barbecue Restaurant
SM City Fairview, Quezon City
19 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000iw}

My sister works at a different Shabu-Shabu Restaurant, and Tong Yang was one of the restaurants diners at their place often spoke about, so on her last day off, she asked if we could eat at Tong Yang so she could taste their Shabu-Shabu (a soup diners cook themselves using the stove / pots on their tables). My sister still liked their own (of course), but she also said the soup here was delicious, too. This was a picture I took upon entering the restaurant.

Tong Yang is an "eat all you can buffet," and the island in the middle had so much choices to be used in the soup, or to barbecue on hot plates. I really took advantage on the expensive fish fillets we rarely eat at home. :)

Enchanted Kingdom

#04 - Night
Enchanted Kingdom
Sta. Rosa, Laguna
04 April 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

I am not a night person, so this item I really had a difficult time taking. I just went to the vaults for this one, and this picture was taken before we left Enchanted Kingdom, one of the country's most popular theme parks. I was privileged to be invited for one of their bloggers' events, and although this part of the park (Victoria Park) looked great during daytime, seeing the lights at night gave it a different persona, which I really liked.

Manila South Harbor


#05 - Sky
Manila South Harbor
07 October 2010
{Canon Powershot A1000is}

Another difficult shot to take due to endless rains, so I just took one from the vaults (but this one wasn't that old). I really love seeing sun rays, so when I saw this while brother and I were on board the Galeon Andalucia, I quickly took a photo. It felt as if the heavens opened up to drop the earth some blessings. :)

I will be traveling up north mid-week, but I will try my best to take pictures for the next photo hunt. I am not promising, though - I might come home a little later.

*** Jenn ***