This week's very pretty picture is from Kala of The Wishful Lamb. Before I saw this picture, two of my photography pals just had their baby shoot, and I can't help but feel a little jealous because taking photographs of babies was something I dream to do. I was able to take a few pictures of Jamy (my friend Charmy's first born), but it wasn't really a shoot, but some pictures taken when mom and I visited her. I still dream of doing a baby shoot - complete with props and all, just like what Kala did here.
At first, I wanted to do a black and white edit, but playing around GIMP brought me to this sepia edit. Not complaining at all... as I also made another edit in black and white, but in the end, I still chose the sepia one.
What I did:
- Made a selection around the headband using the Path Tool, then feathered the selection.
- Inverted the selection and Desaturated the image, using the "Luminosity" as my choice.
- Scaled image to 640px on the longer end.
- Ran the Ancient Warm action.
- Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Portrait Sample" set to Overlay at 100%.
- Ran the Burn Tool, set to shadow at 10%.
- Ran the Manny Librodo sharpening script, levels adjusted to my liking.
- Added my name stamp, flattened, then saved the image.