Thursday, September 29, 2011

Edit Me! | Week 20

Edit Me! Week 20 - SOOC by Kala

This week's very pretty picture is from Kala of The Wishful Lamb. Before I saw this picture, two of my photography pals just had their baby shoot, and I can't help but feel a little jealous because taking photographs of babies was something I dream to do. I was able to take a few pictures of Jamy (my friend Charmy's first born), but it wasn't really a shoot, but some pictures taken when mom and I visited her. I still dream of doing a baby shoot - complete with props and all, just like what Kala did here.

Edit Me! Week 20 - Sepia Selective Edit

At first, I wanted to do a black and white edit, but playing around GIMP brought me to this sepia edit. Not complaining at all... as I also made another edit in black and white, but in the end, I still chose the sepia one.

What I did:
  • Made a selection around the headband using the Path Tool, then feathered the selection.
  • Inverted the selection and Desaturated the image, using the "Luminosity" as my choice.
  • Scaled image to 640px on the longer end.
  • Ran the Ancient Warm action.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Portrait Sample" set to Overlay at 100%.
  • Ran the Burn Tool, set to shadow at 10%.
  • Ran the Manny Librodo sharpening script, levels adjusted to my liking.
  • Added my name stamp, flattened, then saved the image.