Monday, October 24, 2011

Memories (SOOC)

I sooo miss posting for Good to Wow / Shoot and Edit. This week is about memories, and the first thing that came to mind was this:


This is the Baguio Cathedral (Baguio City, Benguet). Taken 04 March 2008 at around 5:30am, my sister and I traveled all night from Metro Manila to Baguio City (hmmm.. not all night literally, we left the bus station at 11:30-ish at night, we arrived around 4am), in time for dad's first year death anniversary. Dad's death anniversary was actually 05 March, but since we buried him in his home province (La Union), and the whole family was traveling to commemorate the day, sister wanted to have a little side trip to Baguio, and I decided to come with her. We left Baguio late that afternoon to meet mom and brother who traveled from Manila earlier that day.

I took this picture using my cell phone. That time, I saw a photo contest by Sony Ericsson about Philippine Travel (or something like that), and I submitted this as my entry. I didn't win, but I was okay with it; at that time I just started being interested in photography and I was more into getting knowledge.

I grabbed this picture from my Multiply account; I can't find brother's portable CD-ROM drive, so I can't access my files now. Well, I posted this on Multiply right after we got home and I still didn't know anything about photo-editing (other than adding the watermark using Arc Soft), so this one's definitely SOOC.

One funny fact: I was in Baguio City on 04 March 2008, 2009, and 2011. Am not sure why I didn't travel there in 2010...but I was in La Union that time, meaning I could just take the bus and sit for two hours to get to Baguio but I wasn't able to travel there.