That's the SOOC shot of a praying mantis I saw near the neighborhood's Multi-Purpose Hall while jogging with my neighbor and close friend Ria. I remember the time I took this picture, I just made the most of the moment because I didn't want to eat much of Ria's time. This was a case of just being like my camera (pointing and shooting), and hope the shots will come out good. I guess I could say this is one nice SOOC shot, but I admit there are quite a lot of white spaces above and under the mantis, so I decided to edit it and applied the Yesteryear texture.
- Re-size the picture to 640 on the width, then cropped the picture to 640x480.
- Applied the yesteryear edition, set to normal at 50%.
- Two passes of Unsharp Mask, set to radius of 5.o and amount of 0.50.
- Three passes of Burn, set to shadows with exposure of 10%.
- Warming - Wratten 82 script at 25%.
Quite a simple edit, but I liked the outcome. :)