Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Strawberry Parfait

Strawberry Parfait


On the second day of 2011, us three girls (mom, sis, and I) went to watch movies that were part of the Metro Manila Film Festival. We decided to go for two movies - one after the other, so when we were done, it was already past 3PM and we still haven't eaten lunch.

When we took the escalator down, the first food place we saw was the Iceberg's, and since we still haven't eaten there, we figured it would be good for us to eat there. Iceberg's are known for their ice cream desserts, but they do serve rice meals and other snacks, too. We all went for something heavy, and my sister opted to have this - the strawberry parfait - instead of having drinks. Well, the place give free glasses of water (upon request), so sister thought it would be great to have a free drink and have a good dessert instead.

They have their own line of ice cream and for some flavors they use the Big Scoop brand of ice cream. It was really delicious - gliding the spoon downward to get the whipped cream, strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry syrup then tasting it all at once was a great burst of flavors in the mouth. Sadly, I only got to taste it twice because I told myself I really have to eat healthy now. Well, looking at the bright side, at least I got to taste it. :)

*** Jenn ***