This week's picture on "Edit Me!" was provided by Mandy of "A Sorta Fairytale." Every week on this meme, there is this level of difficulty, and every week, I am presented with images that are already perfect, and at some point I am always doubting myself if I can do justice with my edit.
- Using the original size provided, I made a selection around the boy, feathered the edges and cut the boy off the image. Pasting the cut image, I then moved it near the flowers.
- The parts where the boy once was, I covered by cloning the grass around. To make the circles not too noticeable, I also used the heal tool.
Then came the stage where I found myself stuck. I created a wide space and I didn't know if I'd leave it as is or if I will add some text. Obviously, I decided to add some text.
- I flipped the image horizontally, just because. :)
- I started writing the words, but couldn't find the right color for it, so I made a selection around the boy and the plants, feathered selection, made and inverse selection and desaturated the background. I did the same step to certain parts near the plant area.
- Scaled image to 640x427.
- Added the words using the fonts "Qarmic Sans" and "Miss Brooks."
- Ran the National Geographic script, flattened the image, then gave it a pass of burn tool set to shadow at 20%.
The words I used for this image was taken from "Lessons From Life" poem (was it a poem?). I have this framed copy of it in my room, but I only selected the "positive" ones, as I don't want to put any negative words in the image (even if its intention was positive - "A child who lives with ridicule learns to be timid...").