Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Texture Tuesdays | The Pretty in Pink Edition

This morning, I decided I'd use one of the old pink flowers I took, but as I go about editing the picture, I suddenly felt uninspired and I felt the SOOC image was even better than the edited one. I decided to turn off my netbook to refresh my mind.

Going out of the house, I was saddened that most plants from our and our neighbors' gardens had very little flowers. I couldn't find any subject for this prompt, until I saw these little berries (not edible, though) in our garden. Most were red, but I found with some pink and decided to pluck it and photograph it.

[please mouse over to see the SOOC image]

I used the typical typewriting paper and placed the berries on it. Luckily, the sun was out that time casting a shadow that gave more drama. Editing this image, I did:
  • Cloned the paper to cover that little black spot on the upper left corner.
  • Resized image to 480x640.
  • Added the Kim Klassen "Sweettart" texture, set to normal at 50%, to give it a pinkish tone.
  • Adjusted levels, followed by a pass of the Manny Librodo sharpening script.
  • Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Aurora" texture, which I flipped horizontally, so that the parts with prints will be visible. The texture I set to multiply at 73%.
  • Added my name stamp, flattened and saved the image.

Thankfully, the edited image looked much better than the SOOC. :)

*** Jenn ***