Going out of the house, I was saddened that most plants from our and our neighbors' gardens had very little flowers. I couldn't find any subject for this prompt, until I saw these little berries (not edible, though) in our garden. Most were red, but I found with some pink and decided to pluck it and photograph it.
[please mouse over to see the SOOC image]
I used the typical typewriting paper and placed the berries on it. Luckily, the sun was out that time casting a shadow that gave more drama. Editing this image, I did:
- Cloned the paper to cover that little black spot on the upper left corner.
- Resized image to 480x640.
- Added the Kim Klassen "Sweettart" texture, set to normal at 50%, to give it a pinkish tone.
- Adjusted levels, followed by a pass of the Manny Librodo sharpening script.
- Added a layer of Kim Klassen's "Aurora" texture, which I flipped horizontally, so that the parts with prints will be visible. The texture I set to multiply at 73%.
- Added my name stamp, flattened and saved the image.
Thankfully, the edited image looked much better than the SOOC. :)
*** Jenn ***