Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Black & White Wednesday | Grasshopper

There is no exercise for the Art of Composition this week, so I just checked my files for a black and white photo.


This picture was originally shot in color when friends and I did a photo walk at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife last year. Although the place is some sort of a mini zoo, this critter came as a surprise. Despite my bad vision, I feel proud of myself that I could see little things around especially whenever I am doing a photo walk because I was able to spot this big grasshopper even if it is on a big leaf which is near its color. I actually screamed a little when I spotted this - almost like hitting a jackpot.

No major processing done for this picture - just changing it to black and white and sharpened the image a little. Seeing this picture made me miss my old point and shoot camera.

*** Jenn ***

Wordish Wednesday