Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Texture Tuesdays | The Golden Edition

It's the Golden Edition here on Texture Tuesdays, and for this prompt, I decided to choose an image that has a big white space so the texture will be seen clearly.

*please mouse over to see the SOOC shot*

I am editing pictures from my 05 June 2010 folder and saw this image. I instantly chose this one because it had the space that I wanted and because the space was of similar hue to the original background. I took this picture at a flower shop in Gateway Mall, before my friends and I went to do a photo shoot.

Steps I made to come up with this edit:
  • Resized image to 640x480.
  • Applied a layer of Kim Klassen's "Golden" texture set to normal at 65%.
  • Ran the National Geographic script using the default settings.
  • Adjusted the levels to my liking.
  • Applied another layer of Kim Klassen's "Golden" texture set to soft light at 40%.
  • Gave it a pass of the burn tool set to shadow at 50%.
  • Added my namestamp and flattened the image.

I actually made another edit...

Blue Mum (2nd Edit)

...but my sister thought this was a little too brown. To make this, I did:
  • Resized image to 640x480.
  • Applied a layer of Kim Klassen's "Golden" texture set to normal at 65%.
  • Ran the Urban Acid script set to 20%.
  • Adjusted the curves.
  • Applied another layer of Kim Klassen's "Golden" texture set to soft light at 100%.
  • Ran the Brauer's Warm script set to 25%.
  • Gave it a pass of the burn tool set to shadow at 10%.
  • Added my namestamp and flattened the image.

Which did you like more?

*** Jenn ***