Sunday, June 26, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 062611

Welcome the sunshine! Oh geez... I thought rain would never stop! Anyway, pictures for this week's hunt was taken just today because the rains made me lazy to do many things - add to that a very big blow I experienced last week... my Paypal account was hacked. Well, I have decided to let it go and start anew.

My take for this week's hunt:

Windows/Doors

01. Windows / Doors

This is our front door. We had this one for many years now... my late father had it specifically done for our house. The "J" in the middle symbolizes our initial (all our names start with "J"), and it also had a diamond... a motif we have here in the house.

Eyelashes

02. Eyelashes

One confession: I have a strong fear of dolls, preferably those that move. This doll is one of those, and I really didn't want to use this as my subject, but my sister couldn't pose for me because she said she just emptied her mascara stick. This was the only picture I took of the doll, and I tried my best to fight off the goosebumps as I edit the picture and upload it.. right now, forehead has beads of sweat, but I needed to do what I need to do, so there. :)

Paint

03. Paint

On my personal blog, I decided to talk about little vanity things. I started with some nature-friendly facial wash, toner, and moisturizer... and since I have quite a lot of nail polish now, I decided to talk about my "nail color of the week," so I took pictures of my freshly painted nails.

I am now starting to like this cheap nail polish brand - only p16 (0.36usd) per bottle. Well, there was once a report about cheap nameless nail polish causing nail problems, but since this one has a label (including the manufacturer's name and address), I am very confident that this brand is safe.

Leaf Vein

04. Leaf Veins

When I started re-planting the small bell pepper seedlings a few months ago, I thought this plant was one of those seedlings because it grew near the bell peppers and the leaves looked similar. However, I got surprised seeing this one growing faster than the others, and now of course I know this wasn't a bell pepper.

Thankful for the sunshine, I was able to take this picture with a little extra... the house fly.

Faceless Portrait

05. Nameless Portrait

A very quick picture of my sister I took a few minutes ago, wearing a pair of shoes my mom bought at a garage sale.

Cheers to a new week ahead!

*** Jenn ***