Edit Me! is a photo meme I do over my other photo blog, but like I said at the start of the month, I am going to switch things up, so from this day, I will be posting my take for Edit Me! here on this blog. You can click HERE if you want to see what I came up with the past three weeks.
Today is Week 4, and the image provided was taken by Sarah of Naptime Momtog. At four weeks of "playing" with the images for this meme, I am actually running out of ideas how to edit images without really repeating the same procedure I did in the past weeks, and with a bit of reading, I came up with this edit:
Steps I made...
- Ran the Lomo Effect script set to soft yellow without vignette.
- Ran the National Geographic script.
- Added two layers of Kim Klassen's "stained linen" texture, one set to soft light at 100%, the other set to overlay at 45%.
- Flattened the image, gave it a pass of the unsharp mask tool as well as the burn tool. Saved the image.
- Playing with curves, I made one overexposed and saving it. Then, I desaturated the image (still overexposed) and saved it.
- Opening the very first edit I made, I played with the curves again and made the image very dark before saving it. Using the same image, I desaturated the image and save it again.
- Using the HDR blending script I downloaded from the GIMP plugin registry, I blended the 5 saved images and came out with this edit.
I don't know if my final edit looks HDR, but this edit has made me search more about HDR effect. Maybe in the next few days I will give it another try.
*** Jenn ***