Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Texture Tuesdays | Sweet Peeps Edition

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

As the sunshine peeps in, so is the sunshine in my heart - I am so thankful things are doing great now.

For this week's Texture Tuesdays edition, the prompt is about "Sweet Peeps," and since I don't really take portraits (simply because there weren't chances), I just looked for one of my sister's pictures - which I photographed, of course.


* just mouse over to see the SOOC shot *

This picture was taken atop the Bantay Belfry in Ilocos Sur last March. Editing this picture using GIMP wasn't that complicated, and here were the steps I made:
  • Re-size image to 640x480.
  • Ran the National Geographic script (my favorite script).
  • A pass of the Urban Acid script.
  • Applied two layers of Kim Klassen's "Granny's Cupboard", one set to Multiply at 100%, the other set to Normal at 25%. Flattened the image.
  • Ran the Split Tone script.
  • Ran the burn tool set to shadow at 30%
I read Kim's previous post about erasing textures on people's skin, but since my sister was quite distant in the picture, I decided not to erase the texture anymore. Doing so, I think the final outcome looked as if it was a very old photograph.

*** Jenn ***