The SOOC picture:
This was a picture I took at the Fort Santiago in Intramuros, Manila while on a holiday with K, November 2010. The statue in the image is of Jose Rizal, the country's national hero. This part of the fort was where he was kept until he was escorted to Bagumbayan (now called Rizal Park) where he was executed.
This month is his birth anniversary (being born 19 June 1861), and since this year would be his 150th birth anniversary, the country is now preparing for a major celebration. I want to take part of the celebration, hence the picture for this week.
- Rotated the image a little to the right to make the steps behind the image straight.
- Re-size and crop the image to 640x480.
- Ran the National Geographic script then adjust the curves a little.
- Ran the Duotone script.
- Added layers of Kim Klassen's "Subtly Yours" textures - one set to normal with 50% opacity, and another set to overlay at 100%.
- Flattened the image and ran the unsharp mask set to 0.50.
- Added the words using the Euphemia font.
- Flattened the image, added my name stamp, then gave the image a pass of the burn tool.
Very simple edit, but I hope you liked it.
*** Jenn ***